Original Artisan makes every effort to ensure your product reaches you as fast as possible and in good condition. Our aim is to provide the best service we possibly can for our customers.
Under the ‘Consumer Contracts Regulations’, if for any reason the buyer is dissatisfied with the product, then the item may be returned within 14 days of receipt for a full refund, provided the product is returned unused and in it’s original packaging and condition.
If you need to return your item for any reason, please contact us either by phone, email or using our contact form and we will be happy to assist and discuss options to help resolve your issue or instigate your return as quickly as possible.
Please note, all items will undergo thorough inspection and testing upon their return.
Important Note : For hygiene purposes, items such as harmonicas, flutes, whistles and kazoos may not be returned unless we have received previous notification of goods being received in either a damaged or faulty condition upon delivery.
Returning Items *
(* Please see further down this page ** for additional information regarding International Sales of Guitars, Ukuleles, Stringed Instruments, Amplifiers and Heavy or Oversized & Expensive Items over £50)
In general, goods received in either a damaged or faulty condition upon delivery must be reported to us within 3 days of receiving the item.
If the item is in need of return or repair, we will be happy to provide instructions and cover shipping costs or arrange an appropriate courier collection to help your return process flow smoothly.
Once we receive the item and it is inspected and deemed to be faulty as previously discussed, Original Artisan will be happy to replace or refund the purchase and take any steps necessary to ensure the issue is resolved to our customer’s satisfaction.
Refunds, replacements and resolutions will be provided as soon as possible after receipt and thorough inspection of returned goods.
Throughout the cancellation period and whilst in the customer’s possession, buyers have a duty of responsibility to maintain products in the original condition in which they were supplied by Original Artisan.
For unwanted items and non faulty returns, buyers are responsible for the safety and return of such items and all return delivery expenses. Products must be returned in their original condition and packaging via recorded delivery and with adequate packaging and insurance so as to avoid any unnecessary complications such as damage or theft in transit.
If the original packaging is not used to return the item, then appropriate packaging providing adequate, equivalent protection for the returning goods must be used. If returned goods are deemed to have been damaged due to incorrect or insufficient packaging upon their return, Original Artisan reserves the right to refuse the refund and return the item to the buyer or seek recompense. If necessary, additional charges will be added to cover the cost of the subsequent return and re-return costs.
During inspection, if returned goods are deemed to have been used, the resulting devaluation of the item to a ‘non new’ or ‘second hand’ status will result in a restocking fee being charged to the customer.
During inspection, if returned goods having been previously categorised by the customer as being ‘faulty’, are deemed to be ‘non faulty’, the resulting devaluation of the item to a ‘non new’ or ‘second hand’ status will result in a restocking fee being charged to the customer. Additional return shipping costs paid by Original Artisan will be subsequently charged to the customer based on the incorrect information being given in order to facilitate a free return.
During inspection, if returned goods having been previously categorised by the customer as being ‘damaged’ or ‘faulty upon delivery’ are found to have been accidentally or deliberately damaged or ‘made faulty’ to attain a damaged or faulty status whilst in the possession of the buyer or during transportation provided by the buyer to facilitate a refund or ‘free return’, Original Artisan reserves the right to refuse the refund and return the item to the buyer or seek recompense. Additional charges will be added to cover the cost of the subsequent return and re-return costs.
Returning the Wrong Item
Original Artisan takes great care ensuring customers receive the correct products they have ordered. Strict security and packing procedures ensure mistakes are not made in the fulfilment process.
During inspection, if returned goods are deemed to be different than the original product sent by Original Artisan, we reserve the right to refuse the refund and return the item to the buyer or seek recompense. Additional charges will be added to cover the cost of the subsequent return and re-return costs. If Original Artisan believes a fraudulent act or crime is being committed, appropriate legal and criminal action will be taken.
** In addition to the above conditions, regarding Guitars, Ukuleles, Stringed Instruments, Amplifiers and Heavy or Oversized & Expensive Items over £50 Sent Internationally, the policy below applies and takes priority :
Shipping & Returns Policy Regarding Guitars, Ukuleles, Stringed Instruments, Amplifiers and Heavy or Oversized & Expensive Items over £50 Sent Internationally
For international purchases of large/heavy or expensive items over £50, it is important that customers are fully aware of our international shipping & returns policy.
- All instruments and amplifiers are thoroughly checked and inspected to ensure they are in excellent condition and suitable for sale before shipping. Due to the very high cost of international shipping, IF FOR ANY REASON buyers choose or need to return heavy or large items to the UK, buyers are responsible for all return shipping costs, including packing and insurance.
- Shipping fees are non-refundable. Please Note – There is no exception to this policy. In all instances, no matter what the reason, buyers are responsible for all return costs.
- Items will be shipped via ParcelForce Worldwide Global Priority and usually take from 4 working days onwards to be delivered. Transit and delivery time may vary greatly from country to country depending on the efficiency of the receiving country’s postal service.
- Original Artisan will not be held responsible for any delays that occur due to the actions of any postal service or customs departments in any country.
- Once payment has been made and the item has been shipped, orders cannot be cancelled. If for any reason buyers would like to cancel or return their order, buyers must await until the item has been delivered (or subsequently returned by the courier company if undelivered) and are then welcome to communicate via email with Original Artisan in order to facilitate a return or refund of the item in the correct manner.
- Buyers are responsible for providing correct and easily accessible delivery addresses to Original Artisan. Failure of any postal service to deliver the package is the responsibility of the buyer and the associated postal service for that country. Original Artisan takes great care in providing adequate postage and packaging for our large international parcels. Original Artisan will not be held responsible for failed deliveries under any circumstances.
Please note that as a committed seller, if any problems do occur during transit, Original Artisan will fully engage with both the buyer and courier companies involved and work tirelessly to resolve delivery issues to achieve a satisfactory outcome and the best possible resolution for all parties concerned. Buyers can be confident Original Artisan ‘has your back’, however if suspicious or fraudulent activities are identified as being undertaken by buyers or their associates, the relevant authorities will be contacted and legal action will be taken.
- Buyers are responsible for all import taxes and duties.
- Items must be returned unused and in good condition in their original packaging or other appropriate packaging to ensure no damage is sustained while shipping.
Refunds will only be given once the returned item has been received and an inspection has been made. Refunds will be for the purchase price of the item only and will not include original shipping costs or any return shipping costs or compensation.
- Original Artisan reserves the right to deduct an appropriate percentage of the item’s purchase price should any damage be sustained whilst in the possession of the buyer or during it’s return journey due to inadequate return packaging.
During inspection, if returned goods are deemed to have been used beyond the point of reasonable testing, the resulting devaluation of the item to a ‘non new’ or ‘second hand’ status will result in a restocking fee being charged to the customer.
- We would like our buyers to be aware that if you decide to return a large, heavy or expensive item internationally for any reason, it is likely to cost anywhere from £50 – to £150 or more return.
Fair Play Policy
We would like to reiterate that here at Original Artisan we pride ourselves in being a good company to deal with and in all instances, honesty, commitment and a high level of customer service is our main obligation. Original Artisan aims to be as fair as possible to our customers as we carefully evaluate each return and refund process in order to gain the best possible outcome for all concerned.
Over the last 12 years we have enjoyed perfect feedback on all our selling mediums from tens of thousands of customers worldwide and our reputation amongst our customers is second to none. However, due to the increasingly common occurrences of online fraud we have deemed it necessary to put these conditions in place to provide clarity and assurance for both buyer and seller and prevent instances of international fraud affecting what we hope to be a pleasurable purchase experience for both ourselves and our valued customers worldwide.
If you have any questions or queries related to our returns process or your product, please feel free to contact us using our contact form or by email or phone using the details on our contact page and we will be happy to help.